The goal of this blog is to document the pandemic and the social changes as they happen. I’ll focus especially around the area of Springville, NY and Buffalo, NY since that’s where I have the closest personal ties.
I will post as much as I can. If you think you can help, with editing, or ideas for content, or sending in your own photos / stories, then get in touch with me.
I don’t want this to be “my thing” and TBH, if this were a proper website, I would have a photo editor, copy editor, a couple writers, etc… But for now I am the chief cook and bottle washer. Below are a few ideas, but if you can think of a way to make this a better website, then I do take suggestions! Email me: email@example.com
If you like the idea of leaving a historical record, here’s where you can help
- Edit my blog post drafts
- Submit your own authored blog post
- Send me tips and ideas about subjects to cover. Include: time, location, what it is and why it’s important.
Right now, the site is bare bones. Things I’d like to do but don’t have time right now:
- Appearance upgrades
- Make sure posts have featured images
- Create Navigation Menus
- Assign a color scheme
- Add a contact form
Videos will come eventually. I have technical stuff to solve. See below.
- Anything involving loaning expensive equipment, I can pay a deposit
- Editing raw video footage (I’m very slow at this)
- Loan me LED lights. The lights I have now are cumbersome and a bitch to set up.
- Loan gimbals
- Technical shooting advice
- Send your own quality video footage to me to use if adds to the story that we are living. “Quality” means no excessive camera shake, and you put some thought into composition. Videos should be horizontal, not vertical!